As it is the last day of November, I had to account for my goal of recording things I am grateful for. To be honest, I am happy with the nine times I wrote about things I am grateful for. After all, that is 9 more times than I wrote the previous year. I must look on the bright side and say that is progress.
Let me recap the first nine things: family, friends, education, humor, diet coke, hobbies, religious freedom, and life. Now to catch you up on the other things I am grateful for this month. . .
1. Warm showers
2. Cuddly babies--nothing more peaceful than holding a sleeping baby in your arms
3. Fun-filled family visits
4. Sunday dinner with family
5. Work--although I hate the getting ready part, I am thankful to have a job to go to every day
6. The view of the mountains all around the valley I live in
7. My bed--nothing better than my own
8. Hairspray--what can I say, I am a product of the 80's
9. Good books to read
10. Ice--the pebbled kind is best, but anything else will do in a pinch
11. Good neighbors that watch out for me and sometimes bring my garbage cans back in
12. A home to live in
13. The smell of fresh lime and the taste of it in my diet coke with vitamins.
14. Candle tarts for my melter--smell as good as a candle, but without the smokey mess
16. A good chick flick
17. Games--you name it, I will play it, unless I am on an exhausting trip to D.C. where my body never quite adjusts to the time changes. Hopefully "D" will forgive me.
18. A good belly busting laugh complete with tears running down my face
19. Kids and all the great things they have to say
20. My camera--to capture those memories forever
21. My mom--although gone from earth, her love and teaching still guide me
22. My dad
23. Computers--for too many reasons to name
24. The temple--to remind me of more important things
25. Transportation--so many places I still want to see
26. My own two feet--and the ability to move
If you haven't taken time to think of all that you are grateful for, you should try it. It was harder for me than you might think. I know my list looks like it is full of mostly the trivial things, but in reality, I am grateful for every "little" thing in my abundant life. (Yes, I threw in a few more than the ones I committed for the 3o days of November. Why the extras? Because I really do have a lot to be grateful for)
I am so blessed!!
Now for a few cards I have been working on.