Sunday, November 9, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine!

I am grateful for...

humor!

Today I sat in church thinking of all the things I should be writing about during my month of gratitude and my mind turned to a road trip to Cedar City, and my thoughts caused me to laugh out loud at the most inopportune time.

You see, on this road trip there were five of us stuffed into a midsized car and "A" was being a good sport about being stranded in the middle of the back seat with her arms glued to her sides because there wasn't quite enough room for the three of us that had been relegated back there. Not to mention that my knees were shoved over next to her taking up even more of her precious space because there was only about 2 inches of leg room between the front seat and the back where I was sitting. At one point in the trip we stopped for shakes and she couldn't quite get the spoon to her mouth because of her trapped arms.

I found the whole situation quite funny. As I laughed I thought about how much better I feel when I laugh rather than when I cry. Thank goodness there are so many funny things in this world!

No comments: