Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yum-O

"D" at work gave me this yummy soup recipe that instantly became a favorite. I have tried it with and without the cayenne and it is good either way. So since we are on to a colder week, enjoy. It comes together quickly and makes just enough for me to freeze a serving, and only have to have leftovers once or twice. For those of you with families, you will want to double or triple it.

Yum-O Potato Cheese Soup
2 cups diced potatoes
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 cup diced carrots
1cup chopped celery
2 1/2 cup water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 cup margarine (I use butter)
2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1 cup grated cheese (I use sharp)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard

Cook potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, water and bouillon together until tender (about 12 minutes). Add margarine. Add milk mixed with flour. Add cheese, cayenne pepper, adn mustard. Heat and serve.

On a personal note...

My computer got a virus shortly after my last post, and I have yet to get it fixed. I have debated about getting a new one, but since I have access at work and am rarely at home, I have done nothing about it yet. So thanks M for letting me use yours to uddate my blog so that everyone that checks in occaisionally will finally have something to read.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Love that you posted something new...and I am totally trying this recipe this week - I AM HATING THE SNOW!!

Karen said...

Mmmmm.... this sounds good. If it wasn't snowing at this moment I'd run to the store and get all of the ingredients! Thanks for sharing.